Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of nurse do I need?

There are three levels of nursing care: Registered, Enrolled and Assistants in nursing. The level of care that is required for you will determine the type of nurse that is required.

What level of care does a registered nurse provide?

The registered nurse is the highest level of nurse. All our nurses are registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. Our registered nurses’ carry out high level clinical care services, carry out assessments and create care plans.

What level of care does an enrolled nurse provide?

Our enrolled nurses are also registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.

Enrolled nurses can perform the following duties:

  • Clinical Observations
  • Intermittent oxygen administration
  • Pressure Area Care
  • Bowel Care
  • Basic medication administration
  • Assistance with daily living activities

What level of care does an assistant in nursing provide?

Assistant nurses are also known as carers and they can assist clients with the following:

  • Daily living activities such as showering and dressing
  • Assisting with meals
  • Assisting with light house chores such as shopping and laundry duties
  • Assisting with the preparation of meals
  • Helping clients in and out of bed
  • Helping clients to the bathroom
  • Assisting with mobility

Do you have a minimum service time?

Our minimum service time is 30 minutes, you can have as little or as much as you want; where and when you want it.

If I am in hospital or an aged care facility can I still use your services?

Yes of course. Rural Nursing services provide a 24|7 private nursing care service providing a nurse, carer or companions ensuring that your needs are attended to, when you want them to be attended to.

How much does it cost?

Our rates vary depending on the type of staff provided. Once the level of service and staff required has been agreed upon, we are able to provide an accurate quote. Please contact us for no-obligation conversation to discuss the services that can help you.

Can you provide equipment?

Yes. Rural Nursing Services has various equipment available for hire. If we don’t have what you are looking for, we can assist with purchase of most items.

Can I cancel the service on days I have help?

Yes, providing we have reasonable notice.

I still have other questions where can I reach you?

Please call us on (02) 6372 4047 to discuss your options.